Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Further Down Under

My current state of affairs is a unique combination of deplorable and hilariously whimsical. It is amazing how often a man is forced to eat his own words and go back on what he so profoundly proclaimed is being beneath his so called ‘standards’. It’s even more amazing if you happen to be one of those people who suffer from public proclamation and exhibitionism disease. In my case this happens to be referring to the networking website or as one gentleman made famous ‘inter personal’ networking website “Orkut”. Now this is the deal. I have often looked down upon people who have relied upon such sites as a lifeline and cant sleep without checking their scrap count. (quite honestly, ‘kayi logon ko hugga nahi aata’ is what I was trying to say; the translated paraphrase not quite working). Now however I sadly admit I am back to orkutting, blogging and yes even facebooking.

My current employers (God bless their souls for paying me for doing nothing) had a reputation for keeping their subjects as it were, busy with loads of menial tasks such as photocopying and spiralling. Thus it was often referred to as the glorified and obviously higher paying version of the intern at SCOOPS. Now unfortunately after a rather embarrassing situation the previous year they have decided to cut down to the objected mentioned quality of work. The result of this Managerial decision (I assume taken over an hour long meeting with a table full of eatables and two mega packs of Tui Beer, as is customary with all meeting here) has had quite a drastic result on my life. My iPod’s 30GB memory of music has been played over and over again. My personal files which were glorified calendars with important dates have been updated with everything from Man Utd fixtures to holidays from the IIT calendar. The transfer rumours from every nook and corner have been read and discarded.

It is then that I returned to the avenger of boredom. The world wide web or to be more precise Orkut. I am tempted to give you a long sentence using the MS Word thesaurus using the alphabet ‘O’. But this lack of work has drained me of my will to go through all the effort (the reader is however free to do so and get back to me). I am now reduced to a low life that scans through people’s scrapbooks only to hope that in the lowest form of social existence perhaps the clock progresses slightly quicker than usual. Now I resort to an even more public form of expression, baring my soul as it were (Nah, just sounds more dramatic that way). But there is a saving grace to this rather lowly existence. The past precedent of me having almost retired from all sorts of ‘networking’ once the summers is over is a comforting thought to fall back on, although the drastic withdrawal and complete sticking to my shell has drawn flak from a few quarters as well. Nonetheless I feel this rather ‘Seinfeld’esque post about ‘nothing at all’ has stretched beyond human minds capacity to even stay remotely interested. With that I sign out. Cheers mate. (luv sayin this)

No comments: